Thursday, January 8, 2009

Very Intimate Stage presents "Chopin Dances"


Greetings and New Year's wishes to you all. This is an announcement about my first performance back in Seattle after four years abroad. Some of you will remember "intimate stage" which has just transformed into "very intimate stage" (David and I live upstairs now in our Greenlake house). My journey into Butoh began almost 30 years ago looking over a promotional package for Akaji Maro (leader of the spectacular group Dairakuda Kan) while living in Hong Kong and a performance of this group in Tokyo in 1982. Please join me on January 17th in a celebration of Butoh's 50th anniversary and my return to Seattle. I look forward to sharing my performance, videos, and conversation with you. I've attached a flyer and also put the pertinent information below. Joan ("kogut")

Chopin Dances: an evening of performance, videos, discussion, food & drink with Joan Laage
January 17, 2009
7:30-10pm (enter anytime)
2353 N 64th St (Greenlake)
Space Limited-Reservations Suggested: Call 729-2054 or Email davidthornbrugh@hotmail.com
Donation: $5-$10

No comments:

Post a Comment